Monday, January 17, 2011

A Side of Steroids


I spent almost all of my waking hours today at the doctors. I got everything checked out and blood work done as well. Everything came out fine (well, I still have to wait on the results of the blood work) but my constant phlegm, chest discomfort, and breathing trouble was the main topic of concern. So this is my daily routine for now. He is treating it as asthma and trying to get rid of the inflammation in my lungs. So I am on a daily steroid inhaler, he wants me to step up my use of the rescue inhaler, continue with my daily nasal steroid, and add a 6 day oral steroid burst. I am going to get so damn fat. I also need to go get a lung and sinus x-ray to rule out any infection or disease. So there, life with a side of steroids. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment